What Men’s size am I? On this site you will find Men’s Sizing Charts, Converters from and to US-sizes and an easy guides how to measure your waist, chest, and other sizes.
How Men’s Sizes work
It is important to know that clothing sizes vary depending on the piece of clothes, the manufacturer and the brand. How can you make sure you get the right size when shopping? By measuring your individual body measurements and using our practical size chart, you not only save time, you also avoid unpleasant mistakes. So, how can we help you?
- I want to measure me first
- I want the right sizes for ᐅ Pants ᐅ Shirts ᐅ Suits
- I want to find the right shoe size
- I have a US size and what to convert it to UK, European (EU) or other international sizes
Measurement Guide for Men
Size, posture, and figure determine your clothing size. Get your measurements and then use one of the size charts to find your perfect fit. Be sure to measure without clothes and close to the body.
How to Measure Waist of Men?
- Stand up straight. Make sure your outer garments are removed because you need to measure on the skin and not over clothing to ensure you get the most accurate measurement.
- Locate the middle part of the rib cage and the top of the hip bone.
- Place the tape measure at that middle point and then wrap it around the natural waist with one end overlapping the other.
- Breathe normally and record the measurements accordingly.
How to Measure Chest Size of Men?
The chest is the most important body part for jacket, shirt or suit jacket measurement.
- Stand up straight, relax your arms at your side.
- Ideally ask your mum, spouse, or best friend, to wrap the tape measure around your chest area.
- Make sure the tape measure has a little room (max. an inch) to move. Depending on the type of jacket (casual vs. formal) you can add an inch (casual can be looser).
- Measure horizontally around the body at the strongest part of the chest with a tape measure.
How to measure Hip or Height?
- Hip measurement: The hip is measured in the same way as described above for the chest but around your hip. Measure horizontally at the strongest part of the buttocks.
- Height measurement: Please take off your shoes as measurements need to be made without shoes, from head to toe. The recommended measuring point is the door frame in which you can stand up straight.
Men’s Clothing Size Chart
To convert US-Sizes into International Sizes (EURO-Sizes).
|International Men's Sizes||US Sizes Men's||EU Sizes Men's||UK Sizes Men's||French Sizes Men's||Italian Sizes Men's|
Men’s Pants Size Chart
Men’s Pants Sizes (Waist)
|Size||Waist in Inches||Waist in Centimeters|
Men’s Pants Size (Inseam/Length)
|Size Length||Length in Inches||Length in Centimeters|
Pants Size Conversion Chart for Men
|US / Internat. Size||UK Size||Euro Size||French Size||Italian Size|
Guide: Measure your Pants Size like this
- To determine your pants size, take your waist size at the top of the hipbone over the shirt and not over your pants. Hold the tape loose and not too tight.
- Get your inseam measurement from the crotch base to the top of your shoes.
- Your hip size is determined by measuring the circumference of your hips while keeping the tape horizontal.
- It is worth remembering that if you are on the borderline between two sizes, always order the larger size.
Men’s Jean Size Chart
Men’s Jeans Sizes (Waist)
|Size||Waist in Inches||Waist in Centimeters|
Men’s Jeans Size (Inseam/Length)
|Size Length||Length in Inches||Length in Centimeters|
Men’s Jeans Size Conversion Chart
|Waist (Inch)||Length (Inch)||US / Internat.||Euro||Waist (CM)||Length (CM)|
|28||30||28/30||40||70 - 72||76|
|29||30||29/30||42||73 - 75||76|
|30||32||30/32||44||75 - 77||81|
|32||32||32/32||46||80 - 82||81|
|33||32||33/32||48||83 - 85||81|
|34||32||34/32||50||85 - 87||81|
|36||34||36/34||52||90 - 92||86|
|38||34||38/34||54||93 - 98||86|
|40||34||40/34||56||99 - 105||86|
|42||34||42/34||58||105 - 110||86|
|44||34||44/34||60||110 - 113||86|
Guide: Measure your Jean Size like this
You can determine your jeans size by measuring an existing pair of jeans that fit you well. Simply lay your jeans on a flat surface and take the width of your jeans at the upper corner of the jean’s waistband with a measuring tape applied from left to right. Determine your inseam by measuring your crotch down to the bottom of your jeans. You can also get your rise measurement by beginning at the crotch of your jeans to the top of your waist.
Men’s Jean Size Calculator
Men’s Shirt Size Chart
|US / Internat. Size||US/UK Size||Euro Size||French Size||Italian Size|
How to Measure a Men’s Shirt Size?
When purchasing a shirt, there are four essential measurements you have to determine. These are the sizes of your neck, chest, waist, and sleeves:
- Your neck size is measured by putting the tape around the thickest section of your neck.
- For your chest size, wrap the tape at the widest part of your chest. The tape should be under your armpits and is parallel to the ground.
- The waist size is determined by standing straight and wrapping the tape around your natural waistline. The tape should be slightly loose.
- Finally, the sleeve size is determined by keeping your arms relaxed at your sides. Measure from the center of the back of your neck until your shoulder and the entire length of the arm.
You have the option to add an extra half inch to the cuff measurement to ensure a perfect fit. For a comprehensive sizing guide on men’s dress shirts, click here.
Men’s Jacket Sizes
|Body height (inch)||Chest width (inch)||US size||European size||Body height (cm)||Chest width (cm)|
|63 - 64||30 - 32||XXXS||40||160 - 164||78 - 81|
|64 - 65||32 - 34||XXS||42||162 - 166||82 - 85|
|65 - 66||34 - 36||XS||44||166 - 170||86 - 89|
|66 - 67||36 - 38||S||46||168 - 173||90 - 93|
|67 - 68||38 - 40||M||48||171 - 176||94 - 97|
|68 - 69||40 - 42||L||50||174 - 179||98 - 101|
|69 - 70||42 - 44||L||52||177 - 182||102 - 105|
|70 - 71||44 - 45||XL||54||180 - 184||106 - 109|
|71 - 72||44 - 45||XL||56||182 - 186||110 - 113|
|72 - 73||45 - 46||XXL||58||184 - 188||114 - 117|
|73 - 74||46 - 47||XXL||60||185 - 189||118 - 121|
|74 - 75||47 - 48||3XL||62||187 - 191||122 - 125|
|75 - 76||48 - 49||3XL||64||189 - 193||126 - 129|
|76 - 77||49 - 50||4XL||66||191 - 194||130 - 133|
|77 - 78||50 - 51||5XL||68||193 - 196||134 - 137|
|78 - 79||51 - 52||5XL||70||195 - 198||138 - 141|
|79 - 80||52 - 53||6XL||72||197 - 200||142 - 145|
To get your over-arm measurement, stand upright and let your arms hang straight at your sides. Let someone measure the broadest part of your shoulders over your arms keeping the measuring tape parallel to the ground. The measurement minus 7 is your jacket size.
When necessary, especially on suit jackets, the chest measurement is very important. Let someone wrap the tape around your chest area brushing over your shoulder blades. Make sure that the tape measure has a room for movement and is not too tight. Adding an extra inch or two is applicable when you want a looser fitting jacket. This is acceptable for casual sports coats or jackets.
For the jacket length, the tape measure is placed on top of your shoulder where you would have a t-shirt seem. For standard jackets like blazer or coat, measure down to the top of the thigh, for a top coat measure to just above the knee.
Getting the sleeve length is also crucial, and it is measured by placing your hand on your hip, so your arms are slightly bent. Measure from the center back of your neck all the way along your arm to the wrist.
Men’s Suit Sizes
This is how you measure to find the perfectly fitting suit. A helpful guide on men’s suit jackets can be found here.
Boys to Men Size Conversion
To convert boys’ clothes sizes into men’s, please be aware that boys’ shirts and pants are cut differently from men clothes. In terms of finding the right size, it is best to take measurements of your body and refer to the size charts of the clothing producer. In most cases, however, you will need to take the largest size of boys clothes if you normally wear the smallest size of men clothes (and vice versa).
At a glance
When it comes to men’s clothing sizes in the US, there are two main things you need to know: the measurements used to determine the size and the different size systems used by different clothing brands.
The measurements used to determine men’s clothing sizes in the US include chest, waist, and inseam. Chest is measured around the fullest part of your chest, just under the arms. Waist is measured at your natural waistline, which is typically near your belly button. And inseam is measured from the crotch to the bottom of your pants leg.
Different brands use different size systems, which means that the same size in one brand might not fit the same way as the same size in another brand. Some brands use “small, medium, large” sizing, while others use specific numerical sizes like “30, 32, 34.” Some brands also offer “slim fit” or “regular fit” options, which can affect the fit of the clothing.
It’s important to note that there can be significant differences between men’s clothing sizes from one brand to another, so it’s always a good idea to try clothes on before you buy them. And if you’re not sure about your size, don’t hesitate to ask a sales associate for help. They’ll be more than happy to measure you and find the right size for you.
Men’s Belt Size Chart
|General Belt Size||Numerical Belt Size||Waist Measurement (inches)||Length of Belt|
To our belt size guide.
Men’s Underwear Sizes
|International Size||US & UK Size||European & German Size||French Size||Italian Size|
Plus Sizes for Men
As a rule of the thumb, plus sizes are chosen when you are 6’2’’ or shorter, and your waist measurement is equal or larger than your chest measurement.
Big or plus sizes are marked as 1X, 2X, 3X, etc. An XL is usually equivalent to 1X, and an XXL is like a 2X. On some brands, 0X falls between large or extra large. For tall items, the size may be tagged with a “T” or “Tall” after the size number. Usually, you will see them as 3X Tall or 3XT.
Standard for Body Beasurements and Clothing Sizes
The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) has developed a standard for body measurements used in the clothing industry, which is known as ASTM-D6240. This standard provides tables of body measurements for both men and women, which are used by clothing manufacturers to create clothing that fits the intended population. The tables are based on data collected from thousands of individuals and are used as a reference for creating clothing patterns and determining sizing systems.
The ASTM-D6240 standard provides detailed information about body measurements for various parts of the body, including chest, waist, hip, inseam, and more. The measurements are taken according to specific guidelines, which are intended to ensure consistency and accuracy across different individuals and clothing brands.
The ASTM-D6240 standard is widely used in the clothing industry and is considered to be a reliable and comprehensive reference for body measurements. This standard helps to ensure that clothing fits the intended population and provides a consistent and accurate reference for sizing systems.
- 1 How Men’s Sizes work
- 2 Measurement Guide for Men
- 3 Men’s Clothing Size Chart
- 4 Men’s Pants Size Chart
- 5 Men’s Jean Size Chart
- 6 Men’s Jean Size Calculator
- 7 Men’s Shirt Size Chart
- 8 Men’s Jacket Sizes
- 9 Men’s Suit Sizes
- 10 Boys to Men Size Conversion
- 11 At a glance
- 12 Men’s Belt Size Chart
- 13 Men’s Underwear Sizes
- 14 Plus Sizes for Men
- 15 Standard for Body Beasurements and Clothing Sizes