What Men’s size am I? On this site you will find Men’s Sizing Charts, Converters from and to US-sizes and an easy guides how to measure your waist, chest, and other sizes.
How Men’s Sizes work
It is important to know that clothing sizes vary depending on the piece of clothes, the manufacturer and the brand. How can you make sure you get the right size when shopping? By measuring your individual body measurements and using our practical size chart, you not only save time, you also avoid unpleasant mistakes. So, how can we help you?
- I want to measure me first
- I want the right sizes for ᐅ Pants ᐅ Shirts ᐅ Suits
- I want to find the right shoe size
- I have a US size and what to convert it to UK, European (EU) or other international sizes
Measurement Guide for Men
Size, posture, and figure determine your clothing size. Get your measurements and then use one of the size charts to find your perfect fit. Be sure to measure without clothes and close to the body.
How to Measure Waist of Men?
- Stand up straight. Make sure your outer garments are removed because you need to measure on the skin and not over clothing to ensure you get the most accurate measurement.
- Locate the middle part of the rib cage and the top of the hip bone.
- Place the tape measure at that middle point and then wrap it around the natural waist with one end overlapping the other.
- Breathe normally and record the measurements accordingly.
How to Measure Chest Size of Men?
The chest is the most important body part for jacket, shirt or suit jacket measurement.
- Stand up straight, relax your arms at your side.
- Ideally ask your mum, spouse, or best friend, to wrap the tape measure around your chest area.
- Make sure the tape measure has a little room (max. an inch) to move. Depending on the type of jacket (casual vs. formal) you can add an inch (casual can be looser).
- Measure horizontally around the body at the strongest part of the chest with a tape measure.
How to measure Hip or Height?
- Hip measurement: The hip is measured in the same way as described above for the chest but around your hip. Measure horizontally at the strongest part of the buttocks.
- Height measurement: Please take off your shoes as measurements need to be made without shoes, from head to toe. The recommended measuring point is the door frame in which you can stand up straight.
Men’s Clothing Size Chart
To convert US-Sizes into International Sizes (EURO-Sizes).
|Internat. Sizes||US Sizes||UK Sizes||French Sizes||Italian Sizes||German Sizes|
Men’s Pants Size Chart
Men’s Pants Sizes (Waist)
|Size||Waist in Inches||Waist in Centimeters|
Men’s Pants Size (Inseam/Length)
|Size Length||Length in Inches||Length in Centimeters|
Pants Size Conversion Chart for Men
|US / Internat. Size||UK Size||Euro Size||French Size||Italian Size|
Looking for Plus Size Charts?
Guide: Measure your Pants Size like this
- To determine your pants size, take your waist size at the top of the hipbone over the shirt and not over your pants. Hold the tape loose and not too tight.
- Get your inseam measurement from the crotch base to the top of your shoes.
- Your hip size is determined by measuring the circumference of your hips while keeping the tape horizontal.
- It is worth remembering that if you are on the borderline between two sizes, always order the larger size.
Men’s Jean Size Chart
Men’s Jeans Sizes (Waist)
|Size||Waist in Inches||Waist in Centimeters|
Men’s Jeans Size (Inseam/Length)
|Size Length||Length in Inches||Length in Centimeters|
Men’s Jeans Size Conversion Chart
|Waist (Inch)||Length (Inch)||US / Internat.||Euro||Waist (CM)||Length (CM)|
|28||30||28/30||40||70 - 72||76|
|29||30||29/30||42||73 - 75||76|
|30||32||30/32||44||75 - 77||81|
|32||32||32/32||46||80 - 82||81|
|33||32||33/32||48||83 - 85||81|
|34||32||34/32||50||85 - 87||81|
|36||34||36/34||52||90 - 92||86|
|38||34||38/34||54||93 - 98||86|
|40||34||40/34||56||99 - 105||86|
|42||34||42/34||58||105 - 110||86|
|44||34||44/34||60||110 - 113||86|
Guide: Measure your Jean Size like this
You can determine your jeans size by measuring an existing pair of jeans that fit you well. Simply lay your jeans on a flat surface and take the width of your jeans at the upper corner of the jean’s waistband with a measuring tape applied from left to right. Determine your inseam by measuring your crotch down to the bottom of your jeans. You can also get your rise measurement by beginning at the crotch of your jeans to the top of your waist.
Men’s Jean Size Calculator
Men’s Shirt Size Chart
|US / Internat. Size||US/UK Size||Euro Size||French Size||Italian Size|
How to Measure a Men’s Shirt Size?
When purchasing a shirt, there are four essential measurements you have to determine. These are the sizes of your neck, chest, waist, and sleeves:
- Your neck size is measured by putting the tape around the thickest section of your neck.
- For your chest size, wrap the tape at the widest part of your chest. The tape should be under your armpits and is parallel to the ground.
- The waist size is determined by standing straight and wrapping the tape around your natural waistline. The tape should be slightly loose.
- Finally, the sleeve size is determined by keeping your arms relaxed at your sides. Measure from the center of the back of your neck until your shoulder and the entire length of the arm.
You have the option to add an extra half inch to the cuff measurement to ensure a perfect fit. For a comprehensive sizing guide on men’s dress shirts, click here.
Men’s Jacket Sizes
|Body height (inch)||Chest width (inch)||US size||European size||Body height (cm)||Chest width (cm)|
|63 - 64||30 - 32||XXXS||40||160 - 164||78 - 81|
|64 - 65||32 - 34||XXS||42||162 - 166||82 - 85|
|65 - 66||34 - 36||XS||44||166 - 170||86 - 89|
|66 - 67||36 - 38||S||46||168 - 173||90 - 93|
|67 - 68||38 - 40||M||48||171 - 176||94 - 97|
|68 - 69||40 - 42||L||50||174 - 179||98 - 101|
|69 - 70||42 - 44||L||52||177 - 182||102 - 105|
|70 - 71||44 - 45||XL||54||180 - 184||106 - 109|
|71 - 72||44 - 45||XL||56||182 - 186||110 - 113|
|72 - 73||45 - 46||XXL||58||184 - 188||114 - 117|
|73 - 74||46 - 47||XXL||60||185 - 189||118 - 121|
|74 - 75||47 - 48||3XL||62||187 - 191||122 - 125|
|75 - 76||48 - 49||3XL||64||189 - 193||126 - 129|
|76 - 77||49 - 50||4XL||66||191 - 194||130 - 133|
|77 - 78||50 - 51||5XL||68||193 - 196||134 - 137|
|78 - 79||51 - 52||5XL||70||195 - 198||138 - 141|
|79 - 80||52 - 53||6XL||72||197 - 200||142 - 145|
To get your over-arm measurement, stand upright and let your arms hang straight at your sides. Let someone measure the broadest part of your shoulders over your arms keeping the measuring tape parallel to the ground. The measurement minus 7 is your jacket size.
When necessary, especially on suit jackets, the chest measurement is very important. Let someone wrap the tape around your chest area brushing over your shoulder blades. Make sure that the tape measure has a room for movement and is not too tight. Adding an extra inch or two is applicable when you want a looser fitting jacket. This is acceptable for casual sports coats or jackets.
For the jacket length, the tape measure is placed on top of your shoulder where you would have a t-shirt seem. For standard jackets like blazer or coat, measure down to the top of the thigh, for a top coat measure to just above the knee.
Getting the sleeve length is also crucial, and it is measured by placing your hand on your hip, so your arms are slightly bent. Measure from the center back of your neck all the way along your arm to the wrist.
Men’s Suit Sizes
|Internat. Suit Size||US Suit Size||Euro Suit Size||Chest (Inch)||Waist (Inch)||Arm (Inch)|
Determining your suit size is almost the same as measuring your jacket size. The chest measurement should be measured under the arms.
- The shoulder is measured from the top of shoulder across the back, seam to seam. The length can be measured from the bottom of the collar to bottom of the jacket and the sleeve from top of shoulder to end of the seam.
- To provide a space for adequate movement, it is typical that you add 2 inches on your chest measurement. Also, the US size of a suit is larger by 10 compared to the UK size. Therefore, a size 50 in the UK is size 40 in the US.
When you are getting generically sized suits, pick the closest size to what your measurements are. This is very helpful, especially when finding the best fitting suit every time.
This is how you measure to find the perfectly fitting suit. A helpful guide on men’s suit jackets can be found here.
Men’s Belt Size Chart
|General Belt Size||Numerical Belt Size||Waist Measurement (inches)||Length of Belt|
To our belt size guide.
Men’s Underwear Sizes
|International Size||US & UK Size||European & German Size||French Size||Italian Size|
Detailed Underwear Size Guide for Men can be found here.
Plus Sizes for Men
As a rule of the thumb, plus sizes are chosen when you are 6’2’’ or shorter, and your waist measurement is equal or larger than your chest measurement.
Big or plus sizes are marked as 1X, 2X, 3X, etc. An XL is usually equivalent to 1X, and an XXL is like a 2X. On some brands, 0X falls between large or extra large. For tall items, the size may be tagged with a “T” or “Tall” after the size number. Usually, you will see them as 3X Tall or 3XT.
Our detailed Plus Size Guide can be found here.
Men’s Shoe Sizes
|Foot Length (inch)||US Men's|
Ring Sizes for Men
To determine your ring size, use a string, a dental floss, or a strip of paper and wrap it around the base of your finger. Mark the meeting point on the string and with a millimeter ruler, measure the string. Convert it to inches as necessary.
Keep in mind to allow enough room to accommodate your knuckle. Also, different fingers on the same and opposite hand may differ in sizes. Therefore, measure the specific finger on which you are planning to wear the ring. Lastly, it is best to measure your fingers at the end of the day where your fingers are likely to be largest.
You can repeat the whole process to make sure you achieved the right size.