Age is but a number, but it’s often one of the most interesting things to know about a person whether you’re talking to friends, meeting people or just wondering about it seeing strangers or people you look up to.
It says a lot about people — but often, calculating a person’s age when they say they’re born this day, month and year could be a little daunting.
But using this calculator it is a piece of cake now to calculate the age of friends, celebrities or historical figures with just one click.
Calculating age won’t be that hard. You can even tell how old a person is in months, days and yes, even hours!
To use the calculator
You’ll only need two things to use this age calculator: a person’s birthday (dd/mm/yyyy) and the date when you’re trying to compute the age also in that format.
Input both details in the appropriate box, click calculate, then you’ll see the result of not just the person’s age but also how that translates to months, days and hours.
Do you know how much a year is in months, days, and hours?
There are 12 months in a year, 52 weeks and 365 days (except during leap year when we have 364 days).
A year is also equivalent to 8,760 hours, which translates to 525, 600 minutes.
When you’re trying to calculate age, it’s possible to do the math, but using our age calculator will make the work easier, more convenient and faster.
Want to calculate the time duration between two times?
Fun facts about age
Age talk is always interesting — and here are some even more fun facts to know about age:
- According to the World Health Organization, the average human life expectancy in 2016 was 72 years old.
- In the US, life expectancy is 78.69 years while in the UK, it’s 80.96 years and in Canada, 82.30 years all in 2016.
- The average worldwide life expectancy for women is 74.2 years, while for men, it’s 69.8 years.
- Most recent data from the United Nations Population Division ranked Hong Kong with the longest life expectancy at 85.29 years, followed by Japan (85.03 years), Macao (84.68 years), Switzerland (84.25 years), Singapore (84.07 years), Italy (84.01 years), Spain (83.99 years), Australia (83.94 years), Channel Islands (83.60 years) and Iceland (83.52 years).
- The US ranked 46th in terms of life expectancy, while the Central African Republic scored the lowest with a life expectancy rate of 54.36 years.
- The oldest person to have ever lived is Jeanne Louise Calment, a French woman from Arles, who lived for 122 years and 164 days. She was born in 1875 and died in 1997.
- As of February 2020, Guinness Book of World Records hailed Chitetsu Watanabe, who lives in Niagata, Japan as the world’s oldest living person at 113 years old. His secret? Keep smiling and never get angry.
- By 2050, 22% of the world’s population will be 60 years or older.
Birthdays of some of the world’s most famous people
|Albert Einstein||14 March 1879|
|Elvis Presley||8 January 1935|
|Abraham Lincoln||12 February 1809|
|Diana, Princess of Wales||1 July 1961|
|Vincent Van Gogh||30 March 1853|
|Oprah Winfrey||29 January 1954|
|Ellen Degeneres||26 January 1958|
|Barack Obama||4 August 1961|
|Michael Jordan||17 February 1963|
|Nelson Mandela||18 July 1918|
|Martin Luther King Jr.||15 January 1929|
|Pope Francis||17 December 1936|
|Mahatma Gandhi||2 October 1869|
|Dalai Lama||6 July 1935|
|Marilyn Monroe||1 June 1926|
|Donald Trump||14 June 1946|
|Vladimir Putin||7 October 1952|
|Coco Chanel||19 August 1883|
|Michael Jackson||29 August 1958|
|Madonna||16 August 1958|
|Kim Jong-un||8 January 1984|
|Justin Bieber||1 March 1994|
|John F. Kennedy||29 May 1917|
|Bill Gates||28 October 1955|
|Leonardo Da Vinci||14 April 1452|
|Elon Musk||28 June 1971|
|Jay Z||4 December 1969|
|Mark Zuckerberg||14 May 1984|
|Beyonce||4 September 1981|
|Audrey Hepburn||4 May 1929|
|Queen Elizabeth II||21 April 1926|