On this site, you will find several sneaker sizing charts to find your perfect fit. Measure your feet and convert inches or centimeters into US, UK, EU, German, Mexican or International shoe sizes. Our easy to follow guide helps you measuring your feet. Plus a lot of information on how the different brands run compared to each other and what size you should be wearing. Finally, we have collected the best tips for you to save money when buying sneakers here.
- Sneaker size chart
- Nike shoe size chart
- Adidas shoe size chart
- Converse shoe size chart
- Sneaker buying tips
- Kids shoe size charts
Guide with pictures: How to measure feet at home
If you do not know the length of your feet, then you need to measure them. Actually, its quite easy to measure your feet at home and then convert into the right shoe size:
- Use the kind of socks you want to wear in your shoes.
- Perform the measurement in the afternoon (feet usually swell during the day).
- When measuring, make sure that you stand up straight and distribute the weight evenly.
- Stand on your sheet of paper and draw your toes and heel with a pencil.
- Use a ruler to measure and then use the converter to convert to the correct size.
How do Adidas, Nike and Converse turn out?
How do Nike shoes run compared to Adidas or Chucks? Which brand runs small, which big? When should you size down? And which size are a true fit? Wear the following size to feel comfortable. Note: Your heel-toe length (inch or cm) is a little shorter than the size indicated on the shoebox! Nike, Adidas, and Converse always make small adjustments to ensure that the shoes fit perfectly.
- Nike always turns out a little smaller. Therefore, take a size bigger than usual.
- Adidas is very often a little smaller. That’s why you should take a half or whole size bigger.
- Converse Sneaker: Converse Standard Sneakers run true to size. But Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Sneakers often run a half-size large. Therefore, you should take your standard size or buy half a size smaller.
Shoe Size Converter Inch – Shoe size
Use this converter to calculate the following sneaker sizes: EU, German, US, Brazilian, Japanese and Korean size. Enter inch or centimeters to calculate the perfect fit.
Sneaker size chart
Use this chart to convert from inch or centimeter into the following shoe size systems: US, UK, EU, German, MX. This chart is suitable for the following brands: Vans, Puma, Reebok, Asics, New Balance, Lacoste, Onitsuka Tiger, Under Armour, DC Shoes, Saucony, Sketchers, and Fila.
Sneaker sizes for women
|US Shoe Size||UK Shoe Size||EU Shoe Size||MX Shoe Size||Inch||CM|
How do you know how to find the right sneaker size? If your longest foot is 9.7 inches long, you should round up and opt for the bigger size (9.75 inches). This corresponds to US Size 8.5, UK Size 6.5 or a European 38.5.
Sneaker sizes for men
|US Shoe Size||UK Shoe Size||EU Shoe Size||MX Shoe Size||Inch||CM|
Sneaker sizes for kids
|Inch||Age||US Shoe Size||UK Shoe Size||EU Shoe Size||CM|
|6.625||Small Kid||10.5 C||9.5||27||16.8|
|6.75||Small Kid||11 C||10||28||17.1|
|7||Small Kid||11.5 C||10.5||29||17.8|
|7.125||Small Kid||12 C||11||30||18.1|
|7.25||Small Kid||12.5 C||11.5||30||18.4|
|7.5||Small Kid||13 C||12||31||19.1|
|7.625||Small Kid||13.5 C||12.5||31||19.4|
|5.75||Small Kid||1 Y||13||32||19.7|
|8||Small Kid||1.5 Y||14||33||20.3|
|8.125||Small Kid||2 Y||1||33||20.6|
|8.25||Small Kid||2.5 Y||1.5||34||21|
|8.5||Small Kid||3 Y||2||34||21.6|
|8.625||Big Kid||3.5 Y||2.5||35||21.9|
|8.75||Big Kid||4 Y||3||36||22.2|
|9||Big Kid||4.5 Y||3.5||36||22.9|
|9.125||Big Kid||5 Y||4||37||23.2|
|9.25||Big Kid||5.5 Y||4.5||37||23.5|
|9.5||Big Kid||6 Y||5||38||24.1|
|9.625||Big Kid||6.5 Y||5||38||24.4|
|9.75||Big Kid||7 Y||6||39||24.8|
Nike Shoe Size Chart
Use this chart to convert from inch or centimeter into the following international shoe size systems: US, UK, EU, German, MX.
Nike Men’s Size Table
|Heel-to-Toe-Length (Inch)||US Shoe Size||UK Shoe Size||EU Shoe Size|
Nike Women’s Size Table
|Heel-to-Toe-Length (Inch)||US Shoe Size||UK Shoe Size||EU Shoe Size|
Nike Kid’s Size Table
|Heel-to-Toe-Length (Inch)||US Shoe Size||UK Shoe Size||EU Shoe Size|
Everybody knows the Nike logo. It can be found on all shoes, clothes and of course, it is shown at numerous sporting events. But even off the beaten track, Nike is an indispensable part of many sports streetwear activities.
Nike was founded in 1964 and initially named Blue Ribbon Sports. Nike’s fathers are, with athletics coach Bill Bowermann and runner Philip Knight, two people who were already closely connected with the sport before Nike. From 1971, the company was officially renamed “Nike”. According to the origins of the company’s founders, Nike’s beginnings lie in running. The goal was to make the runners even faster with Nike and thus to catch up more and more victories and records.
But how did the famous shoes actually come into being? In 1972, Bill Bowermann spontaneously came up with the idea of filling rubber into his wife’s waffle iron, thus creating the famous sole structure for the first time. Throughout the company’s history, Nike has expanded its portfolio well beyond running and now offers footwear, apparel, and equipment for every conceivable sport. Today, the boundaries between classic fashion, sport and fashion are blurring more and more. So casual sneakers can be combined with business suits just as easily as the functional hoodie with jeans or the trendy baseball cap with upscale evening wear.
After the introduction of running shoes, the range grew rapidly and today encompasses all facets of the sport. In addition, various collections of sports fashion are offered that perfectly combine function and style and are worn far beyond the world of sports. For example, Nike SB includes skateboarding, Hurley stands for surf and beach fashion, and Jordan is aimed at basketball and lifestyles. In addition to shoes and clothing, Nike offers a wide range of equipment from surfboards to wristwatches, so there’s no escaping the sporting lifestyle.
Nike Trends 2018
In the current season, Nike’s Chrome Blush Collection picks up neutral, soft colors such as light pink, lilac and nude and combines them with grey and silver tones. The Rift Wrap SE is currently at the forefront of technology and as a slipper with no lacing, it differs markedly from the classic sneaker. Soft and breathable mesh material surrounds the foot and provides a particularly pleasant new walking sensation.
Still popular in 2018: The Nike Air Max Sneaker
Nike’s most successful model is undoubtedly the Nike Air Max. As the first shock-absorbing sole system in the world, it was so innovative that it has become a pioneer of countless further developments and enjoys cult status. It is not without reason that Frank Rudy, aerospace engineer, was involved in the development of the new product in addition to shoe designer Tinker Hatfield. He developed the pioneering Air System, which for the first time dampened a shoe sole with air cushions. Not without reason, the development took 10 years before the Air Max went on sale in 1987.
Adidas Shoe Size Chart
Use this chart to convert from inch or centimeter into the following shoe size systems: US, UK, EU, German, MX.
|Inch (Heel-to-toe)||US Men||US Women||UK Size||EU Size||CM (Heel-to-toe)|
The Adidas brand combines sporty lifestyle with innovative trend products. High quality and the certainty that the products stand out from the crowd are always at the same time. The label combines tradition with modernity and sets stylistically confident accents that lend individuality to the urban street style. After Nike, Adidas is the world’s second-largest manufacturer of sporting goods, combining the Reebok and Taylor Made brands.
In 1920 the German Adolf Dassler and his brother Rudolf started producing sports shoes. What began in the mother’s laundry room at that time is now a global company that sets trends. Only four years later, the two of them founded the “Dassler Schuhfabrik” brothers in Herzogenaurach. In 1925 the first football shoe and a running shoe were produced.
The first shoes with studs were on the market and found great approval. Jesse Owens, an athlete, won four gold medals in Dassler’s shoes in 1936. Six years later, the first tennis shoe left the shoe factory of the Dassler brothers. The production of shoes did not continue until 1946. In 1948, Rudolf Dassler leaves the joint company. Rudolf founds the Puma label and the former Dassler Schuhfabrik brothers developed the Adidas brand. The name Adidas is made up of the nickname of the founder “Adi” and the first three letters of the last name “das” and stands for a sports label in the premium segment at affordable prices.
The famous three stripes
The logo with the three beams was introduced in 1949 and decorated the athlete’s shoes for the first time. One year later, the now famous Adidas stripes were registered as a registered trademark and the production of football boots was pushed. In 1967, the three iconic stripes first appeared on clothing. In 1971, a three-leafed paper joined the stripes. Even today, the original logo is still visible on Adidas Originals products.
The three stripes of the Adidas logo represent the three continental plates of the earth, with the three-leafed leaf symbolizing the Olympic spirit. The Adidas logo stands for the message:”Sport unifies and knows no bounds” The first accessories were introduced in 1952 with the legendary Adidas sports bags. The year of the World Cup made Adidas world-famous within minutes and has been known as the “Miracle of Bern” ever since. At the 1954 World Cup, it was raining and the coach used Adidas football boots with screw-in studs. The Adidas cleated shoes thus contributed to the victory of the German national team in Bern, as the German players had a firm grip on the wet lawn. The new development of the sprint shoes followed in 1957.
Adidas: From sports brand to lifestyle product.
Adidas is one of the global players in the sports business. The three stripes are now more trendy than ever before and have become indispensable. Athletes apply the label from a young age because it combines style with quality and presents a suitable outfit for every sport. The sportswear is performance-oriented and adapts like the shoes, as well as the equipment, to the sporting challenges. Quality meets performance and understatement. Adidas combines sport with urban lifestyle and fashion that convinces. From young to old, trendsetters wear the brand and show that you don’t have to give up comfortable chic when it comes to sport or leisure time.
Adidas Sneaker Trends 2018
Light pastel shades such as nude, lilac, rose or soft blue shades are absolutely trendy. Earthy tones such as rust red, beige, khaki or brown can also be seen on the feet of the trendsetters. The absolute must-have is the trend sneakers Adidas EQT, Adidas Stan Smith and Adidas Superstar. Retro sportswear has never been so trendy to wear as it is today.
Converse Shoe Size Chart
Use this chart to convert from inch or centimeter into the following shoe size systems: US, UK, EU and German shoe size.
|Inches||US Men's Size||US Women's Size||UK Size||EU Size||Centimeter|
There is hardly any other shoe brand that you can see more often strolling the streets than Converse. And who could have guessed this success at that time, more than 100 years ago? It all began in 1908 with the foundation of the rubber sole shoe company “Converse Rubber Shoe Company” in Malden (Massachusetts, USA) by Marquis M. Converse and his 15 employees. According to a legend, Marquis is said to have made the decision for his shoe company after he slipped on a staircase in winter. Accordingly, the first collection of Converse shoes consisted of winterproof shoes in the style of the well-known Converse All Star Chucks. In the next few years of the company’s history, turbulence and a change of ownership followed. Since 2003, Converse has been part of Nike’s successful brand par excellence in the sports and trend fashion sector. The Converse brand successfully markets shoes, fashion, bags and accessories for women, men and children around the globe.
Converse has more to offer than just the “All Stars Chuck”
In addition to the undisputed Converse No. 1, the All Stars Chucks and other shoe models, you will also find fashion, bags, and accessories in the extensive assortment of this successful brand. Whether for women, men or children, the special thing about Converse products is their unisex compatibility. It is astonishing that Converse’s sporty, timeless style fits equally well into business suits, the feet of high fashion models, the playground, everyday life and everywhere else. Casual slippers, sporty ballerinas, warm booties and of course sneakers of all kinds are available in all imaginable colors and patterns every season. Especially loyal fans are eagerly awaiting the regular special editions of the sneakers.
About shoe sizes
Did you know that a large part of the population doesn’t know their right shoe size? Most of us run around with sneakers that don’t fit either in length or width. This ignorance is fatal for everyday comfort but also for the health of the feet. If you wear a sneaker that is too big, you will not give your foot the necessary support. Especially for children, who often get bigger sneakers for economic reasons, the bad fit of the footwear has a negative influence on the quality of walking. This, in turn, can follow for the entire posture and growth of the bones.
But adults also benefit from the determination of shoe size. Wide, loose fit sneakers lead to blisters, redness, and swelling, especially on hotter days or days when you are on the road a lot.
Do you sometimes feel that your feet swell up too quickly or that you feel uncomfortable walking too often? Then measuring shoe size could be the solution to your problem. Take your time to determine the size of your shoes every now and then – you’ll see, your feet will be grateful to you!
Determine the right shoe size – a must!
People often have the wrong idea that their foot size does not change after puberty. This assumption is not correct! Major weight changes, pregnancies or increasing age can vary the length and width of the foot. For example, muscle build-up can affect the length of the foot after many years of sporting activities and thus also the size of the shoe. Age-related bone and muscle loss can also result in new shoe widths and lengths. And in fact, 10% of the population’s feet grow a little bit further between the ages of 20 and 30. Regular shoe size calculation is therefore worthwhile.
What may sound a little tedious, however, is still advisable. Because an optimal fit supports the health, functionality and last but not least the performance of your feet!
In a nutshell
- Nike: Typical for Nike is the “Swoosh”, puristic designs, bright colors and high wearing comfort. The company philosophy “Just do it” stands for dynamics and power. Interesting effects are created by a mix of materials, intermediate sizes ensure a perfect fit.
Adidas: Adidas has a high recognition value due to the three stripes. The sports shoes are legendary, and the trendy sneakers designed for women are first-class. Good quality, anatomically well thought-out design, pleasant walking sensation and modern looks characterize the cult brand.
- Vans: You can recognize vans by the stripes around the sole and their robust, stable shape. High-quality sneakers made of leather or fabric score points with bold colors and patterns, but also with timeless black and white. The spectrum of the popular label ranges from extravagant models to “Old Scool” classics.
- Converse: Converse convinces with its classic shape and the thick sole. Chucks were originally basketball shoes and gained enormous popularity. Unmistakable: the white “All Star”patch. Rubberized toe caps, metal eyelets for the shoelaces and canvas as material make up the original Chucks look. The product range includes more casual styles.
- New Balance: Round off your outfit with a casual accent and grab the sneakers of New Balance! The brand’s recognition value is the result of striking, unusual color combinations. All sneakers have the innovative ribbed sole or three-pointed insoles and of course the “N” as a trademark. Models such as the “New Balance 574” or the universal classic “New Balance 420” are popular.
How to get the best price
What! How’d this happen? You just bought an awesome pair of sneakers, thinking you got a good price, then realized your friend got an even better deal. You won’t be over-spending again with these 7 secret tips for buying sneakers.
- Tip 1: Timing is everything
Many retailers automatically increase prices during popular shopping times and times of higher demand. Prices tend to be higher especially around noon and in the evening. Prices will almost always go up on the weekend, and before festive seasons such as Christmas, of course. It’s worth it to keep an eye on pricing so you buy when the time is right!
- Tip 2: Remain unseen!
- Tip 3: Subscribe to newsletters
Merchants often entice new subscribers with generous discounts. Just subscribe to the newsletter and you’ll receive a discount voucher. You can always unsubscribe, so you can save money easily with just a few clicks! Savvy savers even use multiple email addresses to cash in on more discounts.
- Tip 4: Student discounts
Often students get great discounts when they buy online. Just register with your university’s e-mail address and get discounts of up to 30% when you shop.
- Tip 5: Be sure to buy the right shoe size
The most expensive sneakers are the ones you bought and aren’t wearing! Studies suggest that as much as 17% of all shoes purchased are only worn a few times because they do not fit. This is especially true if you buy shoes online; you can’t try them on. Sizes vary a lot from brand to brand, so be sure you convert the length of your foot into the correct size by using free tools like blitzresults.com/en/shoe-size-charts/ .
- Tip 6: Voucher codes
Voucher codes are a perfect way to save a few bucks. Just search online for the respective online store or brand’s voucher codes, then enter the code during checkout.
- Tip 7: Kid’s sizes
Sharp bargain hunters who have a small shoe size check out the children’s section when they buy sneakers. You can find really nice sneakers here, often to size 10; they’ve just been “declared” kid sizes. There can be a price difference of up to $50.
How do you know if a Sneaker fits?
- Try on different sizes of the same model.
- Always try both shoes on, not just one.
- Walk around in the shoes as much as you can, because that’s the only way that you can tell whether they really fit.
- Roll your feet forwards and check if you still have enough space (the width of a thumb).
- When buying pumps, make sure that they stay on your feet properly – under no circumstances should your heel slip out of the back.
- Don’t only consider the length of the shoes, but also the width! People with slender feet tend to buy shoes that aren’t long enough because larger sizes don’t stay on their feet properly.
- Allow plenty of time for purchasing shoes.
- Examine the shoes carefully! You won’t enjoy wearing shoes that you don’t feel 100% comfortable in.
- In the course of the day, feet spread, so buy shoes in the late afternoon or early evening.
- Try out shoes with the socks which you normally wear.
- Never buy shoes that are too small!
- If you have orthopedic insoles, then put them into the shoes.
- Try shoes from various brands! Every brand and every model of shoe has different characteristics in terms of stability, cushioning and rollover. Every brand also has a different philosophy with regard to shoe width.
- Shoes that are too wide should be replaced by narrower shoes, not shorter shoes.
At a Glance
- To determine your foot length: (1) Place the foot on a sheet of paper. (2) Draw your toes and hell with a pencil. (3) Use a ruler to measure the longest distance of your foot. (4) Use our online converter to find your suitable shoe size.
- A large part of the population doesn’t know their right shoe size to the detriment of the health of their feet. For children, in particular, an ill-fitting footwear has a negative influence on the quality of walking, and can affect their posture and bone growth.
- Sizing varies per brand. For example, Nike always turns out a little smaller so it is recommended that you take a size bigger than usual. Adidas shoes also runs a little smaller, which is why you should take a half or whole size bigger. Standard Converse Sneakers run true to size although Chuck Taylor All Star Sneakers often run a half-size larger.